A waterborne two part epoxy system, available clear and colors, that is ideal for interior concrete providing a chemical and abrasion resistant, low odor coating. Aqua TuffTM is available in ready mixed colors and clear. Aqua tuffTM provides superior resistance to abrasion, foot traffic, forklifts, marring, scuffing, and many chemicals including oil, grease, hydraulic fluid, many solvents and moderate alkalis and acids. Ideal for use in warehouses, parking, factories, aircraft hangars, service stations, and other applications where a water based, durable two part water based coating is required.
This coating can be applied on interior concrete floors in facilities such as hospitals, schools, nursing homes, commercial buildings or industrial plants, where the presence of solvent odors and flammability would normally prohibit the application of a coating and sealer. Aqua Tuff's versatility, water base and ease of application make it a preferred choice for most indoor concrete environments.
- Dries to high gloss finish.
- Has low odor.
- Low VOC´s.
- Can be applied to new concrete aged two weeks, minimum.
- Clean up with soap and water.
- A durable coating that protects against dirt, dust, water and resistant to many acids and alkalis, cleaners, Skydrol, alcohol even brake fluid. Please note that splashes and spills must be immediately cleaned up.
Dry-to touch 2 hours
Recoat within 4 - 6 hours
Open to light traffic within 12 - 24 hours.
Full Cure after 5 - 7 days.
Pot Life is 2 hours
NOTE: All dry/cure times are based on 75°F at 50% humidity. Individual dry times may vary depending upon conditions. Not recommended for application where indoor relative humidity is over 80%. For best results apply two thin coats, rather than one thick one.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, grease, oil, chalk, efflorescence, curing and sealing compounds, soap residue and any other foreign matter before coating. New concrete surfaces should age at least two weeks before applying coating. Old concrete that is unsound including flaking or spalling must be removed to a solid substrate. Make any needed repairs then clean the surface thoroughly using On GuardTM or our Degreaser No. 770. Use a broom or brush to get into valleys and grooves. Rinse completely with clean water and allow surface to dry completely. Concrete that is troweled smooth has been treated with chemical "de-icers" should be etched with diluted muriatic acid and rinsed thoroughly with clean water to promote bonding. Allow surface to dry before applying coating. Do not apply if floor temperature is below 10°C or 50°F or over 32°C or 90°F.
NOTE: Do not apply if floor temperature is below 50°F or over 90°F.
Clear: Approximately 250 - 300 sq. ft. / gal per coat, depending upon porosity and texture of surface and whether traction additive used.
Colors: Approximately 200 - 300 sq. ft. / gal per coat, depending upon porosity and texture of surface and whether traction additive used.
Aqua TuffTM Waterborne Epoxy
Do not apply if floor temperature or ambient temperature is below 10°C or 50°F within 24 hours or application time. The surface must be dry, clean and free from dirt, grease, oil, chalk, efflorescence, curing and sealing compounds, soap residue and any other foreign substances before application.
1. Mix all of Part B (Resin) into Part A (Pigmented Hardener) using an electric drill mounted with a "Jiffy" type mixer.
2. Mix until a uniform color is obtained. (3 - 5 mins. at 1000 rpm). Avoid air entrapment. Let sit 2 - 3 mins. after stirring to dissipate air bubbles.
3. If an anti slip surface is required slowly add accompanying pack of traction additive to kit and mix until the traction additive is uniformly dispersed in container. Pour the traction additive into Aqua TuffTM slowly while stirring to avoid clumping. Stir often during application to avoid settling. Be sure to avoid bald spots and ensure good distribution across the surface. Keep stirring the paint during use to keep the traction additive suspended in the coating.
4. Pot life after mixing is 2 hours. Do not use beyond this time frame even if product appears normal as the film characteristic will be unsatisfactory.
5. Apply mixed product in thin, even coats with a short nap 3/8" paint roller from a clean roller pan. Do not pour Aqua TuffTM directly on the floor.
6. There is no need to work this finish into the surface since the superior penetrating qualities of the product will perform this function.
7. Discard roller cover when through. All remaining application equipment may be cleaned with soap and water before pot-life expires.
8. Discard all unused material after 2 hours according to local, state (provincial) or federal regulations.
Flash Point: 130°F
Pot Life: 2 hours (max.)
Solids: Colors 39%, Clear 33%
Viscosity: Colors 90 - 105 KU, Clear 68 - 78 KU
Maximum Cure: 7 days
Gloss: Good 85%+
Recommended Thickness: Minimum of 6 mils (WFT per coat)
Clean Up: Soap and Water
Shipping Weight: 5 Gal Pail = 49.05 lbs, 1 Gal = 9.81 lbs
Volatile Organic Compounds: Low V.O.C., less than 250 g/l (2.1 lb/gal)
Regular & Slip Resistant Colors Available:
Clear, Beige, Light Blue, White, Red, Green, Gray, Black & Safety Blue
Aqua TuffTM must be used with traction grit for slip resistance. Please stipulate fine, medium or coarse when ordering and order with the "T" suffix to order Aqua TuffTM Slip Resistant.